Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Sponsored rider, Jack Jude's Riding Update

Hello again,
Well October was a busy month for me as I picked up my new Scott addict R2 road bike. This bike is everything that one can expect from a high-performance carbon machine. Light, responsive, nimble and climbs like a goat. It’s also red so it makes you go faster. During October my training program has included group road rides with a local Noosa group. I have been training Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Together with Saturday morning mtb rides from Cognition with a bakery stop after. The mid week rides are generally around 45 to 50 kms. The Sunday road rides have included such locations as Cootharaba range road reverse, Pomona, Cooroy west and home through Nandrorya rd via Cooroy. The average speed on these rides hovers between 28 to 30 km/hr. I feel these weekend longer rides are improving my overall speed and endurance. On occasions I do Gyndier drive hill repeats for general climbing practice. These hill repeats vary from spinning in the saddle to higher gear output out of the saddle power efforts. I’m sure this intense training will pay off when I team up with Rodger Manning to compete in the Mt Cotton 4 Hr on 15th November. Rodger has also been training hard and he’s an extremely strong individual rider as he proved in the recent 6hr event. Another exceptionally talented rider both mtb and road is 15 year old Seb Vejby who occasionally joins our Saturday morning social group. Seb did the Noosa tri in the under 19 team, winning silver. All three boys are brilliant at there chosen field. Seb's ride time for the 40 Km course was about 1 Hr 3 minutes. Wow, what a brilliant ride on restricted gears .It’s quite amazing just how much talent is in our local ranks. Next month I’ll have some race reports, until then pedal, pedal, pedal and love the ride. Six pack Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers